Saturday, July 26, 2008

Qualities of Character & Pastoral Training

In a few short weeks I'll be heading off to the Pastor's College of Sovereign Grace Ministries. Some people have found it strange that I'd go out for more training after having just graduated from Bethel Seminary. Explaining the reasons for the decision are numerous, suffice to say my wife, pastors and I think it is God's will.

One major reason for attending the Pastor's College is to undergo an evaluation of my character & enter into a time of character development. To that end, Dr. John Frame wrote an interesting article called Proposal for a New Seminary that argues about the importance of this vital aspect of pastoral training. Below is also a video where Dr. Frame is interviewed about the subject. The pertinent section is between 03:32-08:20. Enjoy


Full Dr. John Frame Interview from GoingtoSeminary.com on Vimeo.

HT: Justin Taylor

No comments: